Get to know the Author
10 things you might not know about me!
- I grew up in Tennessee, USA, the land of “hey ya’ll,” biscuits ‘n’ gravy, sweet tea, and cowboy boots.
- I’m a martial arts junkie, and hold various ranks in Brazilian Jiujitsu, Karate, and Krav Maga. I’m not a black belt by any means, but I’m dedicated!
- I’ve been to 29 countries. The next few destinations on my bucket list include Iceland, Malta, Argentina, Madagascar, and anywhere in SE Asia.
- I love science! My undergraduate degree was in Biochemistry and Cellular/Molecular Biology. Mouthful, isn’t it?
- I have lived as an expat in Albania for 1 year. It’s my first expat experience, and it’s pretty life-changing.
- I am a classically trained harpist, and have been playing for over ten years. Unfortunately, I can’t bring my harp with my on my travels, since it’s taller than I am!
- Teaching fitness classes is one of my greatest passions in life…except of course, traveling! I’ve been a certified group fitness instructor since I was 18, and have taught classes for the past 6 years.
- One of my next goals in life is to get my 200 hour yoga certification. I hope to do a monthlong immersive retreats in Asia in the next year or two.
- My passion for puppies and pizza cannot be overstated. These are truly two of the greatest on the planet.
- I have the most wonderfully supportive family, and I’m forever grateful for them!